Avonline Broadband is supporting a new initiative alongside the Connecting Shropshire team. We are working together to identify those homes and businesses that will benefit most from the immediate broadband boost that satellite broadband can deliver to the hardest to reach parts of the county.
Now that the Connecting Shropshire fibre programme has been active for several years, we know that there are some homes and businesses that will not receive a fibre connection in the foreseeable future. That's where we come in. Avonline Broadband has connected more people across the UK to satellite broadband than any other provider. We are also working as a partner to the Connecting Shropshire team to help bridge the broadband divide in those areas that are hardest to reach.
Get up to 22Mbps broadband - right now!
Our satellite broadband can reach you wherever you live or work in Shropshire right now. It can deliver up to 22Mbps download speed and up to 6Mbps upload speed.
- 22Mbps download/6Mbps upload packages from Tooway
- 15Mbps download/2Mbps upload packages from Avanti with Avonline’s unique 9Mbps average speed promise
- Monthly services from £19.95 per month
- No line rental required – save over £200 every year
- Range of contract options from 30 day to 24 months
We’ve made a short video to show you how satellite broadband works.
The Connecting Shropshire satellite broadband trial
We want to help some of those living in the county that have no reasonable likelihood of getting a fibre connection within the next few years. From over 12 years of delivering satellite broadband in the UK, we know that satellite broadband is not everyone’s “cup of tea”. But we also know that satellite broadband can provide a significantly better service for many locations that are stuck at the end of a line receiving little more than dial up speeds.
That’s why we are working with the Connecting Shropshire team to offer a completely free trial to selected homes and businesses across the county. It’s free to the customer and free to the county. We want to find out which types of users get the greatest benefit from a better satellite broadband service.
The feedback that we receive from the trial will help us to help the Connecting Shropshire team by focusing our immediate efforts only on those that we know will benefit most from a satellite broadband upgrade. By working in this collaborative way, the Connecting Shropshire team are free to focus resources and all of their budget towards the ultimate goal of superfast connectivity across the county.
The trial is by invitation only but you can contact the Connecting Shropshire team if you are interested or you know someone that would benefit from the trial.
About Satellite Broadband
- We offer 100% coverage of Shropshire (& UK) right now and usually connect people in 7-10 days;
- You can choose up to 22Mbps download speeds/6Mbps upload speeds
- We are unique in Shropshire in being able to provide a choice of two different satellite services including our 9Mbps speed promise through Avanti
- Our Next Generation satellite services have never been more affordable
- Monthly packages start at just £19.95
- No telephone line rental is required saving you around £200 every year.
No matter how remote your location in Shropshire, not only can we guarantee to get you connected to better broadband, we can offer you a choice of packages. Getting installed and online is really simple - here’s what you need to know;
- We can usually arrange to get your professional install on mainland UK within 7-10 days;
- We install a 74cm dish outside on southerly facing wall (similar to a Sky installation) that is connected by cable to an indoor modem. A standard installation normally takes between 1-2 hours;
- If you own or purchase a wireless router, you’ll have the ability to connect to the internet wirelessly via suitably equipped PC, tablet or smartphone;
- Once you’re online you can do just about anything – email and web-browsing, social media, phone calls and video-conferencing and streaming or downloading movies. Just about the only thing that we don't recommend over satellite is online gaming.
Why don’t you call us now on 0303 303 3131 and we’ll be pleased to help.
Or if you prefer email, please use the form below:
Open Mon-Fri: 8:00am - 8:00pm, Sat: 10:00am - 4:00pm
Or request a call back by leaving your name and number.