At Avonline PLC, we are committed to protecting your privacy. We have published this data protection guide to ensure that you are fully aware of how and why we collect information from you and to whom such information is disclosed.
1. What information do we collect?
When you shop on our website, we will ask you to input and will collect Personal Information from you such as your name, e-mail address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, product selections, credit card or other payment information and a password. We may also collect, and our third party providers of advertisements and content may collect, information about where you are on the internet (eg the URL you came from, IP address, domain types like .co.uk and .com), your browser type and the country where your computer is located, the pages of our website that were viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms that you entered on our website. We may collect this information even if you do not register with us.We will treat all your Personal Information as confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below).
2. How do we use your information?
This site is being monitored and may capture information about your visit to improve the quality of the service we provide. We may use your information for the following purposes:
- a. Processing your orders;
- b. To disclose information about you to any relevant regulator if they require it or to anyone else, if we have a legal duty to do so;
- c. Monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of the site;
- d. To serve website content and advertisements to you;
- e. To administer this website;
- f. If you opt-in, we may occasionally notify you about enhancements to our services such as; functionality changes, special features and offers.
- g. The information we hold about you may also be used to analyse your browsing preferences as part of our marketing programme. This may help us to select and tailor products, services or special discounts we think you will be interested to hear about;
- h. We may also monitor or record telephone conversations with you to ensure consistent service levels, to prevent or detect fraud and for training purposes;
- i. If you unsubscribe from Avonline PLC email communications, it may take twenty working days to unsubscribe you. To find out how to change your communication preferences, please see below. By providing us with your personal information you consent to our processing your personal data for the above purposes. The personal information you are required to provide when you register should be true and accurate at the time of completion. You agree not to impersonate any other person or to use a false name or personal details which you are not authorised to use.
3. How do we protect your information?
When you create a shopping account while ordering online you automatically opt-in to receive information from Avonline PLC either online by post, e-mail or telephone, about products, promotions or special offers which we feel may be of interest to you. In the event that you do not wish to be contacted for such purposes, you have the option to opt out at any time.Your Personal Information may be disclosed to other businesses within Avonline PLC. We will not release your Personal Information to any company outside of Avonline PLC for mailing or marketing purposes.
If you do not wish to receive further information regarding new products, promotions and special offers from Avonline PLC, please email email@example.com with your full contact name or call our Customer Services team on 0800 130 3131.We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information, which you have given to us, to prevent unauthorised access. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to disclose information to you.
New technologies are emerging on the internet that help us to deliver customised visitor experiences. In particular, there is a technology called "cookies" which may be used by us to provide you with customised information from our website.
A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, which then may store it on your system. Cookies allow us to understand who has seen which pages and advertisements, to determine how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular areas of our website. Cookies also allow us to make our website more user friendly.
You do not have to accept cookies, and you should read the information that came with your browser software to see how you can set up your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, this will give you the opportunity to decide whether to accept it.
When you opt-in to communication with Avonline PLC you are consenting to the collection, processing and potential communication from other Avonline PLC companies.
Avonline PLC may amend this policy from time to time to take into account developments in the website and changes to information collected.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We use information we collect on our site to make shopping at www.avonlinebroadband.co.uk possible and to enhance your overall shopping experience.
Where would you like to go next?
Ready to buy?
Open Mon-Fri: 8:00am - 8:00pm, Sat: 10:00am - 4:00pm
Or request a call back by leaving your name and number.